Saturday, March 1, 2014

The Birds and the Octopus


Wow, it's been way too long since I've posted.  My job keeps me pretty busy and when I'm not busy with my job, I'm working on the octopus.  There's been progress on that front by the way.


Ain't it pretty?  Now it's starting to look like an octopus.  I gotta say, this is taking me way too long to finish considering its size. 

Today I realized I needed beads.  Which is a dangerous thing since I have a pretty extensive collection going already.  But I picked up these fleshy-orange toned translucent beads from the bead fair that comes around in spring and fall, and I've got a very small amount of them.  That makes me nervous cause if I'm working on a piece that's three feet wide, I'm screwed.  So I went out to a fairly local place called the Birds and the Beads.  I love that place.  They have a gorgeous bead selection and a very nice collection of sead beads to pick from.  The staff was super helpful, they were trying really hard to help me find a close match to those fleshy orange beads.  We had some success but I'll never find an  exact match.  Oh well.  But at least I have a great resource close by for smaller amounts of hard to find colors.  I think a trip to NYC is in order!  

Later,
Amy.

No comments:

Post a Comment