Saturday, September 28, 2013

So many Cephalopods.

Wow it has been far too long since the last blog post.  My job has kept me really busy, so finding time to do anything let alone some art has been a challenge.
This past summer has just been a love affair with the lovable and rather squishy octopus.  My friend Habeas Corpsemaker and her hubby Speeder Parker moved into a lovely house in Mass.  So to celebrate they threw a house warming party.  Since I live about six hours away from them I knew that any food I make wouldn't last the trip up.  So as a gift I made and framed a piece of art.  
 
Not the best photo, but it's the only one I have do the piece. 
Originally I was going to make a beaded embroidery of an octopus, but it was going to take way too much time.  I only had a few weeks until the party and I could only work on it at night and during the weekends.  The solution: make something on paper that's less labor intensive.  Sorry Habie but time was running out.  
On a happy note, I did start a beaded octopus, and I have taken many in progress shots.... And now that I can make posts and add photos to them I can post photos!!
This is the most recent photo I have. 
Unfortunately the blogger app. Doesn't allow for much editing in the photos.... Like adding a caption or changing the size.  Can't complain too much, with my computer out of commission for the foreseeable future, I'm just glad I have some form of access to my email and job searching sites.

So fun times will be had this weekend!  There's a yard sale/ swap meet out here in NJ that I'm totally stoked to go to.  It's being run by Gypsy, who is a performer and steampunk enthusiast.  I expect there to be many people with an odd variety of things so this should be freaking awesome.  Maybe there will be a post tomorrow with photos?  Who knows.... :)
So for now this is about it, I need to get out and do exciting things this weekend.  
See ya'll later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment