Monday, April 30, 2012

Music For The Soul... Not So Much.

Still waiting on my sewing machine to come back.  In the meantime, I love this song:

I don't even have a break-up experience anywhere near the meaning of this song, but I love singing along (poorly) to it in the car. I love the radio edit of this song, the original is too soft for me.  Singing in the car is how I amuse myself while driving to work.  Favorites include the above song, Photograph by Def Leppard, most classic rock songs and Renegade by Styx.  Love singing Incubus songs, but I don't have the range for that, I save those for drunken karaoke nights.
But enough on music, is anybody else excited about Free Comic Book Day?!  I didn't know that existed until Marina brought it up.  I'm so gonna grab a free comic book on said day.  Info can be found HERE.  Will definitely be running to the next town over to find a comic book store.  I'm kind of upset that Kevin Smith's comic book store will not be participating.  Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash will not be giving away free comic books I'm sad to say.  I still enjoy going there, I find all those "indie" comics and independent publishers.  Last time I was in I picked up Jesus Hates Zombies.  I had to read it.  I rather liked the idea behind the comic.  There's a plot where the Earth is having a zombie apocalypse and Jesus is sent to Earth to find a church full of people who he's supposed to save.  Shenanigans ensue.  The best part (for me anyway) was that it's done in a format similar to Gotham Knight and The Animatrix.  Each chapter is drawn by a different artist.  I love the diversity in the art and how each one depicts the characters and surroundings.  
There's not much else to report on..... the Steampunk Demeter costume is at a stand still until I get my sewing machine back and the Apoxie gets here.  I'm continuing work on the cable tie pieces at a snails pace and the Whale is on the back burner until after May. 
Hmm... I've started some deep spring cleaning but that's about it.  Really.  There's nothing else really going on.  So on that note I leave you with this, (I'm not really sure how to describe it) youtube video.

Don't question it just watch.
See Ya'll Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment